Friday, February 11, 2011

Raining Thoughts



 I have a hard time when things don't go my way.
I don't know if it's the oldest child-perfectionist complex that drives me or if I have major control-freak issues?! Either way at least I'm admitting it!

Maybe it's my idealistic tendencies?
I'm kind of a big thinker.
I would say it's an amiable quality if my head wasn't constantly in the clouds. 
I play things out in my head & for some reason I expect them to go that way in my life. 

High expectations could be a factor.
I expect a lot of myself and consider it a compliment for me to expect a lot from the people in my life.
I strive to do my best & respect everyone around me too much to think they don't do the same.

I'm seeing a pattern: Disappointment has a name...
I get my hopes up because I am an unbelievably positive person.
My  glass is always half-full until I take my eye off of it for a second and all the water is GONE!  

Which leads me to my Go-Getter personality.
I have come to believe that if I want something bad enough, I will eventually get it. If I fall short I obviously didn't want it that badly.
I have to pick myself up, fill my glass back up, & set new goals!
No one is responsible for my happiness more than I am.

This is where faith and hope come in.
As hard as I am on myself I have unfailing faith that there is a plan for me.
I know that everything will workout as it should.
I have great expectations in which my faith is sometimes tried.
Faith keeps me grounded!

Hope is recognizing a blessing in disguise
 It's the little things that help me know I am heading in the right direction
It's the random text from daddy saying "I am glad to be your dad"

So I guess I'm grateful for the occasional slice of humble pie...
Some how my thoughts come full circle and I realize how truly blessed I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment