Monday, December 20, 2010

Parker's Adventures in Uganda


Time for a Parker update!!
There are hardly words to describe how proud I am of Park and how well he is doing!!
It has been 3 weeks since he left the States bound for the MTC in Africa. Every email we get shows the progress and growth he has experienced in the short time he spent learning the lessons. Friday was his last day in the MTC and he has arrived in his first area, Mutungo, Uganda. Here are a few of my favorite excerpts from his latest email...

"My companion or "dad" said that Mutungo is the best part of this mission right now. It is the freshest and I get to be here. He said that only special kids get sent here. I'm only the second missionary ever to be trained here, the first was him. He said that all the missionaries respect me because I got sent here right off the bat. SO I was pretty happy when I heard that. I want to do the best now!"
"There are little kids around everywhere just running & playing. They call me muzunga (which means white person) & wave as I go by."
"There are little shops everywhere that sell stuff. i bought 2 ties today, they were like 2 bucks a piece! But they don't use dollars over here its shillings. So i bought those 2 ties for 1000 shillings but that's only like 4 dollars. I'm a millionaire over here lol."
"I realized that I can just count on being hot and sweaty the whole time I am here. It is warm to say the least, whoever told me it was like San Diego weather they lied, I am sweating like a banshee! It hasn't rained yet, but they said it will rain a whole lot."

I am so lucky to have such a great example of obedience & sacrifice this Christmas season. 

 

We LOVE you Park!!


No comments:

Post a Comment