Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Magic of Christmas

It's hard to believe I can only count on one hand how many times I have been at my OWN house on Christmas... There isn't one memory of Christmas Day that hasn't been filled with joy & happiness as I think of the Ranch & being with my Parents, Grandparents, Sisters, Aunts, Uncles, & 20 cousins. The Ranch was a place where time literally stopped. We (including Gramma) would wear our pajamas all day & ate chocolate out of our stockings for breakfast. Gramma Bun & Pa are a constant reminder of how privileged I am to have been born into such a loving family. 

This will be the third Christmas without Grandpa & the second Christmas away from the Ranch. I hold tight to the memories of him & our holidays shared at our beloved Grandparent's home. I will miss him always!! As I think of the traditions we had, I thank him for making 20 of my Christmases so special.

Here are a few of my favorites...
Grandpa would never forget to put hay up on the roof for Santa's reindeer
He would make us line up from youngest to oldest, walk in a straight line into the family room, & unveiled a floor covered in presents.
Pa was always in charge of picking up all the wrapping paper off the floor.
He would welcome everyone to Christmas dinner & give the most heart-felt prayers.
He loved to give presents & would always give Grandma Bun a handbag every year.  

As I cherish the many Christmas memories, I look forward to our future traditions & for the knowledge that Grandpa will always be with us. 


LOVE you PA!!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all!! I hope you are enjoying your families!!
One of my favorite gifts this year.... My Grandma Bun's two poetry books she had published!!
How truly blessed I am. . . 










No comments:

Post a Comment