Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Hearing your voice warmed our hearts and brightened our day."


Anytime I think or talk about my Grandpa I get tears in my eyes.
Slowly but surly, sad tears have gradually turned into happy tears.
I love thinking about him & his amazing influence on the many people in my life. 
The journey my family & I have taken these past three years has been life changing.

I hold tight to the many memories of him & the lessons I have learned since we lost him. I keep him with me in everything I do & I know he watches over me as I continue growing & progressing.

There are no words to express how lucky I am for the knowledge that we will one day be reunited. How grateful I am for the gospel & for my continually growing testimony that families are forever.

As I recognize his death, I praise his life 

Andi & I wrote a poem for Pa's funeral and this part of it always makes me smile...
"It’s the little things about you we remember best,
How you danced with Gramma and the way you dressed,
How loud you could whistle in a single blow,
And the way you answered the phone and said “HELLO”

Five children you and Gramma Have,
They are all so proud of their dear old dad.
Working your hardest and constantly giving,
A life in your presence was one worth living.

Your twenty grandkids were lucky to have such a guy.
Really loved their time with you and the twinkle in your eye.
We will all cherish the Powell name,
A legacy lives on, with you to blame."

It is hard to fathom loving him more than I do right now...
I feel him all around me, guiding me, inspiring me, comforting me

How I love you Grandpa
How I love my family


No comments:

Post a Comment