Sunday, March 13, 2011

I would rather be WEIRD than normal

There is something about being able to recognize your flaws that truly intrigues me.
Perfection is something that I am constantly striving for,
and yet I have come to realize I will probably never be like Mary Poppins,

"Practically perfect in every way"

I like to believe that a few (not all) of my flaws could be some of my best qualities.
I tend to run into anything and everything (walls, furniture, you name it)
There doesn't have to be ice on the ground for me to slip or trip over something
My arms are a bit long in proportion to my body, so my sleeves are always short
I am a people-pleaser
I sometimes snort when I laugh
I am a bit neurotic about certain things
When I am really tired I sleep with one eye slightly open (it's weird)
I have a hard time when I don't get my way
I'm kind of a space cadet
I worry too much
I can't pass by a mirror without looking at myself
I constantly have a million thoughts in my head, it's exhausting
I am really hard on myself

Admitting my imperfections is the first step to embracing others amiable qualities.
I love that people's flaws can be some of my favorite things about them!

Perfection is something we will never achieve on this earth, we aren't supposed to! This being said, I am perfectly content in my knowledge that if we try our hardest in all we do, Heavenly Father will make up for the rest of our short comings.

Which brings me to our disposition...
I praise individuality.

Something that separates me from everyone else in this world makes me special.
Makes all of us special.

I have come to realize that being myself is way better than pretending to be something I'm not.
What's the point of fitting in when we were born to stand out?


1 comment:

  1. That last line is from a movie.. I can't figure it out! What a Girl Wants?? I think that's it. You're a Kook and I love it.

    ReplyDelete